Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Achievers: Shayan Lahari and Prateek Asnani


  • Shayan Lahiri got 92.6 percent to emerge topper among the special category students in CBSE Class X.
  • ... he fractured a bone behind the ear at the ... age of two ... [leading] to a hearing impairment.
  • “The CBSE offered me an extra hour as I was from the special category. But I refused to take that. Why should I take extra time when I can compete with the other students? I finished my papers within the stipulated time,” said a confident Shayan, a student of Sanskriti School here at Chanakyapuri. Shayan, who uses hearing aid for both the ears, has decided to take up Science in Class XI with Maths and Computer Science and is keen on studying engineering.


  • Prateek Asnani scored 91 percent in CBSE Class X.
  • Prateek ... student of Blue Bells International School ... has set his sights on aeronautical engineering.
  • “He has always been a bright student. We put him in school with the normal students. He got all the support from the teachers and classmates. We are very happy that his dream has come true.” - Prateek's father

Read full article in:
The Hindu: Success story of Delhi’s achievers

Also reported in:
The Times of India: Better & better, it hots up

Express India (Indian Express): CBSE results out: HOTS betters performance, govt schools improve

No comments: